Position Title: Children’s Ministry Coordinator
Employment Status: Part Time
Salary: Set by Staff Parish Relations Committee, $2,080.00 yearly
Revised December 2017
The Highland Hope Children’s Ministry Coordinator serves the Church by coordinating and administering an effective and comprehensive ministry for children ages 4 years through 5th grade while facilitating Highland Hope’s mission of helping people become passionate lifelong followers of Jesus Christ.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Choose and implement curriculum and supplies for Children’s Church programs during worship services including appropriate music and drama
- Identify, recruit, train and support volunteers to lead Children’s Church
- Ensure that there is adequate staffing for services each week
- Promote other opportunities for children in cooperation with Outreach Coordinator and Worship Leader
- Establish ministry goals and objectives, manage the use of facilities and resources, plan an appropriate budget, and evaluate progress regularly
- Complete Safe Sanctuary training. Attend Church Council and staff meetings upon request.
- Must understand and agree to a confidentiality agreement and all that it entails
- Onsite and Offsite ministry engagements are expected and require accountability and scheduling with the Directing Pastor
- Have an understanding and willingness to uphold the United Methodist Doctrine
- Other duties as assigned by Directing Pastor or Staff Parish Relations Committee
Skills and Qualifications:
- Passion for helping others to meet and develop a life-long relationship with Jesus Christ
- At least two years experience in a leadership role preferred
- Management and organization skills
- Ability to be a role model and mentor through actions, words, and deeds
- Have a call to be in ministry with children and their parents
- Growing an active relationship with Jesus
- Utilizing spiritual gifts of leadership, teaching, and shepherding
- General office skills (Computer skills, office equipment, verbal, written, and online communications)
- The ability to multitask
Physical Demands: Lifting up to 25 lbs. on an occasional basis, frequent use of upper extremities, constant standing, sitting and walking. This position also requires frequent reaching, bending, and squatting.
Work environment: Includes both indoor and outdoor environments. Appropriate dress required for church environment.
- This position is under the general supervision of the Directing Pastor with a liaison from the Staff Parish Relations Committee (SPRC)
- Compensation is recommended by the SPRC, and is approved by the Administrative Council
- SPRC evaluation of this position will occur after 3 months, 6 months, and annually thereafter
- This position is employed “at will” and not by contract. Employment “at will” means the employee and HHUMC are free to terminate employment at any time without notice or reason
EEOC: The Children’s Ministry Coordinator is a Fair Labor and Standards Act non-exempt position with no benefits, retirement, or healthcare coverage. The Children’s Ministry Coordinator will be paid bi-weekly (every two weeks).
Resumes will be considered until position is filled. Interested candidates should send their resume to the Pastor.
Highland Hope Employment Application can be downloaded or printed from the the Highland Hope UMC website at highlandhope.org
A one-page resume and two letters of recommendation are required.
All application materials may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
or mail to:
Highland Hope United Methodist Church
Attention: Rev. Dr. Beverly L. Wilkes-Null, Pastor
12846 Daiber Road
Highland, IL, 62249