Position Title: Nursery Coordinator
Employment Status: Part-Time, Hours to be Determined
The Nursery Coordinator is responsible for the smooth and efficient operation of the church nursery for infants through toddlers age four. This includes, but is not limited to managing all of the child care needs for the Sunday Morning Services and other events in the church, scheduling, training, and maintaining procedures while facilitating Highland Hope’s mission of helping people become passionate lifelong followers of Jesus Christ.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Uphold the purpose, core values, and behavior covenant of Highland Hope UMC
- Work in the nursery two/three times per month
- Provide a safe and secure environment for children
- Create schedules for the nursery and assist in finding replacements if someone cannot work at the designated time
- Prepare and teach lessons based on the ages of the children in attendance through story time, color pages and/or music (curriculum is provided)
- Ensure all care providers are in compliance with Highland Hope Nursery Guidelines and Safe Sanctuary Policy
- Keep updated forms available for care providers and parents
- Ensure all parents receive and sign a Parent Communication Sheet
- Communicate with care providers on a regular basis addressing issues and needs promptly
- Keep nursery clean, bleach all interactive items every Sunday, launder bedding
- Communicate with parents, pastor, and SPPRC
- Sign and turn in time sheets to Financial Secretary at the end of each month
- Inventory supplies and submit needs to Financial Secretary
- Keep payroll expense in line with the budget
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications
Education: High School diploma
Able to meet the physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of young children
Must be Red Cross certified or similar training or be willing to become Red Cross certified within 30 days of hire date.
Over 21 years old
Must be able to lift 50 pounds
Must pass criminal background check and drug-screening test
Work Environment: Performed indoors in a controlled environment. Keep work area clean and organized.
Appropriate dress required for church environment.
- This position is under the general supervision of the Directing Pastor with a liaison from the Staff Parish Relations Committee (SPRC)
- Compensation is recommended by the SPRC, and is approved by the Administrative Council
- SPRC evaluation of this position will occur after 3 months, 6 months, and annually thereafter
- This position is employed “at will” and not by contract. Employment “at will” means the employee and HHUMC are free to terminate employment at any time without notice or reason
EEOC: The Nursery Coordinator is a Fair Labor and Standards Act non-exempt position with no benefits, retirement, or healthcare coverage. The Nursery Coordinator will be paid monthly.
Applications will be considered until position is filled.
The Nursery Care Application Form may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Highland Hope United Methodist Church
Attention: Rev. Dr. Beverly L. Wilkes-Null, Directing Pastor
12846 Daiber Road
Highland, Il 62249
Please be sure to submit both parts of the application.
Now that you’ve submitted Part 1-Basic Information,
Be sure to complete and submit Part 2-Experience and References!