Position Title: Executive Assistant to the Pastor
Employment Status: Part-Time (Includes office hours, Sunday Worship, and some evenings)
Salary: Affirmed Annually by SPRC
Updated: June 2017
The Executive Assistant to the Pastor is responsible for the smooth and efficient operation of the church office and assists all ministry programs to achieve maximum success. The Executive Assistant will provide opportunities for spiritual growth to facilitate Highland Hope’s mission to help people become passionate lifelong followers of Jesus Christ.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise staff in collaboration with the Pastor
- Prepare agendas, lead staff meetings, follow up on necessary items and minutes
- Signatures on checks and second signature as needed
- Attend worship services and ministry meetings as needed to build relationships and identify congregational needs and interests
- Coordinate the recruitment and training of leaders for Intentional Faith Development and ministries
- Facilitate effective communication between staff and ministries to ensure information and resources are provided as needed
- Serve as the first point of contact during office hours
- Maintain records on Servant Keeper including attendance, demographics, etc.
- Prepare visitor information for Pastor, Fusion Team, and Outreach Coordinator- Manage visitor letters and new resident follow up
- Publish and disseminate all communication materials in collaboration with Media Specialist and Outreach Coordinator
- Coordinate Sunday morning preparations
- Receive and process facility use requests
- Coordinate volunteer opportunities for congregation
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications
- Education: Associates Degree preferred
- Passion for helping others to meet and develop a life-long relationship with Jesus Christ
- Growing in an active relationship with Jesus
- Excellent people skills
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Computer skills: Windows, MS Word, Excel, Publisher, Google Calendar, Servant Keeper, email, copier, fax
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds
- Must pass criminal background check and drug-screening test
Work Environment: Performed indoors in a controlled environment. Keep work area clean and organized. Appropriate dress required for church environment.
- This position is under the general supervision of the Directing Pastor with a liaison from the Staff Parish Relations Committee (SPRC)
- Compensation is recommended by the SPRC, and is approved by the Administrative Council
- SPRC evaluation of this position will occur after 3 months, 6 months, and annually thereafter
- This position is employed “at will” and not by contract. Employment “at will” means the employee and HHUMC are free to terminate employment at any time without notice or reason.
EEOC: The Office Coordinator is a Fair Labor and Standards Act exempt position with no benefits, retirement, or healthcare coverage. The Office Coordinator will be paid bi-weekly (every two weeks).
Resumes will be considered until position is filled. Interested candidates should send their resume and the Highland Hope job application to the Directing Pastor along with a statement of spiritual background and spiritual journey.
Application is available on the Highland Hope UMC website at www.highlandhope.org/employment.
A one-page resume and two letters of recommendation are required and may be emailed or mailed to:
Attention: Rev. Dr. Beverly L. Wilkes-Null, Directing Pastor
12846 Daiber Road, Highland, IL 62249